A balletic interpretation of the Greek myth in which dancers enact the tragedy of the beautiful youth who condemns himself to a trapped existence through excessive self-love.
It was McLaren's last film for the National Film Board of Canada.
* "Golden Peacock for the Best Short Film of the Festival" at International Film Festival (India, January 1984)
* "Gold Star Award" at Dance on Camera Festival (USA, April 1984)
* "Honorable Mention - Visual Essays" at Itinerant - American Film and Video Festival (USA, May-June 1984)
* "Golden Sheaf Award - Best Experimental Film" at Golden Sheaf Awards / Short Film and Video Festival (Canada, October-November 1984)
* "Honorable Mention" at Columbus International Film and Video Festival (USA, November 1984)
* "Special Mention" at Festival international de cinéma de court métrage (Spain, April 1985)
* "First Prize - Madame de Stael Prize" at Festival international du film romantique (France, May 1985)